What is shared in our HypnoBirthing course?
UNIT 1: BUILDING A POSITIVE EXPECTANCY
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
• The History of Women & Birthing
• Why you can have an easier, more comfy, & safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm & gentle birthing
• Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
UNIT 2: FALLING IN LOVE WITH BABY - PREPARING YOUR MIND & BODY
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby
• Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid & instant self-relaxation techniques
• Deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labor & birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation & visualization
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage & toning
UNIT 3: GETTING READY TO WELCOME BABY
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labor Massage
• Your body working for & with you
• Avoiding artificial induction & achieving a natural start to labor
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts
UNIT 4: AN OVERVIEW OF BIRTHING - A LABOR OF LOVE
• Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
• Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
• As labor moves along – passing time through labor
• Hallmarks of labor
• If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts & activities
• As labor advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery
UNIT 5: BIRTH- BREATHING LOVE; BRINGING LIFE
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent & birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
Course Logistics/FAQ Answers
HypnoBirthing classes will be taught in a 5 week - 2 1/2 hour blocks course. All classes will include the HypnoBirthing® textbook, 2 relaxation CD's and additional handout booklet.
Each group class will have 3 - 6 couples* and enrollment is based on a first come, first serve basis. A non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required to reserve a spot. Total cost of classes is $350, the full balance is due on first day of class.
Classes will be taught in a comfortable home setting in Skokie, IL or designated space in North Chicago area. (Classes also available in Kenosha, WI area. Please contact me for details.)
See above for upcoming class dates. Other classes will be added as needed. Please contact me for more information about when the next course will begin and how to register!
Group HypnoBirthing® Course - $350.00
($50.00 of that is your deposit)
5 - 2 1/2 hour classes, HypnoBirthing® Book, 2 relaxation CD's, class handouts
Newborn Care & Transitions to Parenthood Class - $30.00
This is a 2.5 hour class. It's taught as a 6th week of the HypnoBirthing course and a stand alone class. Includes handouts and class materials.
Private Refresher* - $50.00
*Only for clients having completed my HypnoBirthing® classes.
1 hour refresher of relaxation and breathing techniques.
There are also other options for refresher courses, contact me for details!
Private HypnoBirthing® Class - $600
This option is reserved for moms 36+ weeks and/or with special circumstances. Please contact me to discuss further if you fit into this criteria and are interested in private instruction.
*Your spot in any class will only be officially reserved upon the receipt of a $50 deposit. This deposit also pays for your class materials. Please contact me to arrange payment.
*Sliding scale and payment plans available to those who qualify.
*Group classes must have at least 3 couples registered. If less than 3 couples are registered one week before classes begin, the instructor reserves the right to cancel or postpone the class to a later date.
Most people take the class toward the end of the 2nd trimester or beginning of their 3rd, though it's never too early--immersing yourself in the positive, comforting philosophy of HypnoBirthing has many benefits. Also, some women find they want to make a change in their care provider and this is easier to accomplish earlier in pregnancy. After you have attended the course you are welcome to come back later to one group class before your birth at no cost, as a "refresher" or you may schedule a private "refresher" for the listed fee and a myriad of other options.
Copyright 2015 Graceful Birth & Families
All photography is subject to copyright.